Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Under Contract!

We've been so busy lately with baseball, piano lessons, and the recent fire in our neighboring town that I haven't had time to even think about blogging! Alas, I see where it lies on my priority list...it's pretty far down there. Sigh.

Anyway, our big news is that our house, after being on the market for a little over four months, is FINALLY under contract! We are scheduled to close on or before June 17. I'm not getting my hopes up too much because I know that there are almost always bumps along the way and sometimes sales don't get to closing, so I'm holding my breath and taking it a day at a time. Every day that passes is an answer to prayer and gets us that much closer to finalizing this process.

We haven't even had a chance to start packing yet because we've been swamped with all this other stuff. Our family isn't usually busy, so this is very new to us.

I'm sure you're wondering, "Where are you moving?"

The answer to that is that I don't know. We've been following the local real estate market for four months, and frankly, there is nothing on the market that we would like to buy. The rental market is also scarce. If we had to move tomorrow, we have a two choices: to move in with David's grandmother or to move into the RV that some friends have offered us! HA!

No matter what, I'm positive it's going to be an adventurous ride! Stay tuned!

And please, pray for the community of Fritch. There are many people who have lost everything and won't be getting insurance checks to help them start over. Churches, pastors, community members, and people from the surrounding area are mobilizing to assist here like I've never seen before. It's been a blessing in the midst of sadness and chaos.

3 comments:

Julian Barter said...

I read your post and i appreciate your efforts. The information that you share in the above article is very nice and useful .All the things that you share with people, are very nice. Thanks for this article.Santa Barbara Green building

crazy4boys said...

I hope the house sells! Are you planning on buying the farm still? It's hard keeping track of all my moving friends. I'll be praying for peace and guidance during this process.

Amy said...

I thought you guys were buying the farm?